AC/DC is not just electricity.

Ever since I was 16 years of age I have been in love with the music of AC/DC. I remember sitting in Spanish class talking to Chris Meyers about them. He was actually the person that spurred my interested in this Aussie group.

He would wear the "Highway to Hell" album t-shirt almost once a week which caused us to continue our conversations. I started collecting many of their albums and listening to everything AC/DC. At one point I caught my mom humming "If You Want Blood." I then knew I was listening to them too much....A Touch too much.....

Did you know that AC/DC has had over 15 albums since 1975? These guys have been around for a long time and their sound has never changed since their first strum on High Voltage. That is why I like them so much. When you buy a ticket to the concert or buy the latest (or oldest) album, you know that you are going to get scratchy vocals from Brian Johnson or a whiny melodic sound from Bon Scott. I can't leave out the leads from Angus Young. Andrew and I saw them at the forum in December and when Angus came running out on stage in his school boy uniform, I nearly lost my voice from cheering so loud. I hadn't seen them since the Stiff Upper Lip tour in 2000 and was amazed that the show hasn't changed. Not to mention, the crowd hasn't changed either. It was nice to be "home." If you ever have a chance to see them in concert sell your children to do so. Its a great time. I love wading through the fans, t-shirt vendors, glowing devil horn salesmen, and the topless girls. Did I mention topless girls? Yea, they are everywhere. I mean everywhere. If you don't go for the music, go for that.

An AC/DC lover for life,
J.J.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Dude. Bea Arthur is a fox.
-Liz

Post a Comment