Craig D Sklenar's Resume

We have officially received our first resume. So as promised here you go!

--------------------------------
To Whom It May Concern:
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume for a position in your organization. Over the past eight years from college to practicing in the professional world I have been overly passionate about changing the urban world for the better. I was hired at EDAW in the spring of 2005 as full-time intern and soon transitioned to a full time urban designer/planner in December of 2005. Due to the economic downturn I was unfortunately furloughed in December of 2008, I have enclosed recommendation letters from my primary supervisors at EDAW. Prior to employment at EDAW, I worked for a period of 10 years at a title insurance company during school holidays and summer breaks. At this job I gained extensive administration skills and was often tasked with special projects or organizing certain departments. I gained most of my professional skills from this experience.

My skills always meet required needs and often exceed expectations. My education in urban planning and urban design might not be the most logical education to have for this particular position, but having received an outstanding education makes me an ideal candidate in several fields. I have extensive knowledge in preparing final graphics and reports that are innovative not only in their layout but in the content as well. I am proficient in the full Adobe Creative Suite products such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. I am also experienced in SketchUp, AutoDesk, ArcGIS and the entire Microsoft Office Suite. My experience has not all been in the classroom or a training course. I am a fast learner and willing to ask questions if I do not understand how to accomplish a work task.

I am an enthusiastic, intelligent professional with a broad range of education and experience in a wide variety of projects that have exposed me to a variety of design challenges. I am a great communicator to clients and able to convey ideas and negotiate any compromises and revisions in a timely efficient manner that does not compromise our design morals while pleasing the client. I would be a fantastic addition to your staffing needs and I hope you strongly consider me for a position with your organization. I am very much interested in helping communities throughout the world as planning is a common ground regardless of ethnic or economic background, the main principles of planning can shape and mold into the needs and desires of any community. My passion for travel and openness to new and exciting places would make me an excellent addition to your staff.

Thank you for your time considering a position for me in your organization. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly or my references, they would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Sincerely,

Craig D Sklenar, AICP


CRAIG D SKLENAR'S RESUME

No comments:

Post a Comment