Coachella '09

Hi! J.J. Here. I thought it was relevant to post this weekend due to going to Coachella on Friday. The best time I have ever had with 25,000 people I didn't know and 5 that I did. I have a number of pictures but these that I have laid before you are my favorites.

First off, seeing the Black Keys live was amazing. These guys know how to tear it up. There is nothing more rewarding than to hear a band, love their music, and then see them live. Its like hearing it for the first time.


Second, Morrissey was entertaining, but I don't think it was for me.

To tell you the truth, I wanted to get a good spot for McCartney. Am I an A-hole for that? Come on, its a bloody Beatle...


Brandon and I were talking after the show about how different it was performing now with cell phones and digital cameras instead of just an audience. Back in the 60's people would show up to "rock out" and just have a good time. Fast forward to present day, we still like to "rock out" but we also have to show proof for some reason. (I'm guilty of it with this blog post.) We have to have the coolest picture and/or be "that guy" that calls a friend while "Hey Jude" comes on. Its human nature I guess. Either way I got some F'in good pictures of Paul.

Think about this. People of all languages know his name, love his songs, and want to be him. He can't ride the Tube any more. They have to shut it down. For being that well known, he appears very humble.

One thing I have to note, you can really tell that he misses his friends John and George. You can hear it in the song and you can definitely hear it when he speaks of them. I almost turned into a Michael Jackson fan (being a weeping girl in Japan) when he started singing a song he had wrote after John's death that was a conversation they might have had. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, if there is someone out there that knows the song I would love to know it.

But I leave you with this. "Give Peace a Chance"

1 comment:

Blueviolet24 said...

I love listening to you guys. Always end with a smile on my face....love the wit and humor. Great job..looking forward to the next one.

total j.j. fan <3 ya ;)

Post a Comment