Mythbusters

I have to say, I love this F'in show. They blow stuff up and it makes me happy. Well, guess what? They have it in England. The only thing that is different is the voice over. Its in "proper English." Its not the American version.

I have found that they do that quite a bit of US shows and commercials. The show will be exactly the same, but there will be little changes here and there. Its been a pleasureable watching experience. It keeps me on my toes.

Other things that are different here in England.
1. American potato chips are called crisps.
2. Chips are actually French Fries.
3. French Fries don't exist because the English still continue to hate the French and can't give us a plain answer. At least England and America can agree on at least one thing.
4. Axe body spray...called Lynx here.
5. The English need crumpets running through their blood streams to live. This also pertains to tea.
6. Aldi's (The grocery store) doesn't smell here. It smells glorious.
7. The English are not scared of deer running across the road like many of Americans in rural areas.
8. England has flying cars.....yea I know.
9. Things are cheaper here....but they are in pounds....which are more expensive than dollars....its very confusing.
10. Time here goes slower and its lovely.

These are only a few things that I have found that are different.

p.s. I heard an English lady say to her daughter yesterday "Alright Love, lets go!" It was incredible.

1 comment:

Jill R said...

Aldi? People shop at Aldi?!

Post a Comment