Blog troubles

Tuesday is Andrew's blog day. Mine is on Thursday and it mostly consists of me sitting around for 20 minutes trying to think of something clever to say. I write a full paragraph, read it, erase it and write it again.

Is this the norm? Do bloggers just write what is on their minds without editing their thoughts? Is there a structure to their madness? I personally have never been a great writer. I'm what they call an "ideas man" which is a bit clique since its a huge and arrogant self proclamation. You usually say "Tom's an ideas man" or "Susan, now she's an ideas woman...." (Maybe not the last one, but I hope you get the idea).
I come up with some funny things to say in my head, but they never get to paper. Frankly, because I write like an 8th grader at a junior high dance. I have a lot of witty things to say to Renee dancing with her friends, but I just don't know how to say it without spilling fruit punch on her new white dress. Consequently this causes Chad, her boyfriend, to hit me in the face and staining my shirt with another scarlet liquid.


One thing that does save me in writing a blog weekly is the pictures I put up. They add to the blog and at least they give you something to look. Much like illustrations in a "Winnie the Pooh" book. Sure the book is great, but I want to read the next ten pages so I can see more pictures.

So I guess this is basically an apology to all of you that read our blog on Thursdays. If its not funny, I'm sorry. And if you think its hilarious, can you spot me a few bucks so I can get this red stain out of my shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment